IBM Datacap and box
The IBM Datacap integration with Box allows you to capture documents whenever and wherever they enter your organization for use in Box and business processes.
IBM Datacap enables organizations to streamline the capture, recognition, and classification of business documents and to quickly and accurately extract important information from those documents for use by business users and in applications. Datacap supports multichannel capture by processing paper documents on scanners, mobile devices, multifunction peripherals (MFPs), or fax. IBM Datacap also supports digital files such as PDF, Microsoft™ Office files, and image format files that are created by users, as output from applications, or that are digitally faxed or emailed into your organization.
IBM Datacap is helping lead business into the next generation of capture – the cognitive era. Using natural language processing, text analytics and machine learning technologies, like those in IBM Watson, Datacap can help automatically identify, classify and extract content from unstructured or highly variable documents that usually require manual intervention. By applying cognitive capture to these complex tasks, IBM Datacap can help significantly reduce labor and paper costs, deliver meaningful information for better, faster decision making and improve the responsiveness of customer service.
Choose a Datacap on premise or on cloud implementation and benefit from:
- Best-in-class capture where multi-channel capture supports scanners, fax, and digital files like PDF and images that come from applications and mobile devices
- Cognitive capture to automate the processing complex, unknown format or highly variable documents that are difficult to automate with a traditional capture system
- Capture and processing in proper context by providing options for desktop, web or mobile clients, a web services interface for application integration and by enabling users to directly capture and process documents
- Enriched mobility with iOS and Android apps and a Software Development Kit that enables developers to embed Datacap Mobile functionality in their iOS or Android apps
- Adaptable, extendible rules-based capture offers configuration of capture workflows and applications with a simple point-and-click interface to speed deployment
- Supports export to many targets for exporting documents and information to a broad range of applications and content repositories from IBM, BOX and other vendors